The plan with this series is to take you through a variety of people’s top 5 beauty products. You never know, it might show you something new, or rediscover old favourites.
So here are my top 5, in no particular order:
1. A decent cleanser. I can have really spot prone skin, so it is important for me to keep up a regular skin care routine. At the minute I have been loving this First Aid Beauty Skin Rescue Deep Cleanser with Red Clay. It has a rather peculiar smell, and quite a thick texture when it comes out of the bottle. However, once mixed with water it becomes a milky consistency and leaves the skin feeling fresh and clear.
2. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion. The rest of my top 5 is focussed around the eyes. During the week when I am at work, I do not bother with base. I always start with this Primer Potion. My eye lids can be oily and eyeshadow only lasts a few hours without this miracle product. When I use this, my eyeshadow is not only brighter and more pigmented, but also lasts all day. As you can see, mine is very well loved however one tube lasts a really long time.
3. Urban Decay Naked palette. I have only had this since Christmas but I think I have used it pretty much every single day since. It is the perfect collection of natural eyeshadow colours, 10 shimmer and 2 matte. You can create all sorts of looks with these eyeshadows, daytime to evening. All of the shadows are packed with pigment and, although I know some people have had different experiences, I find there is little fallout. It is also perfect for those who are just starting to experiment with makeup.
4. MAC 217 Blending Brush. If you only ever buy one eyeshadow brush, this has to be the one! It is the ultimate in eyeshadow brushes. Not only does it help to blend eyeshadows with ease, but it can also be used to apply and pack on colour. The 217 is so versatile, and I have even used it before to blend out my concealer. I actually have 2 of these because they are so amazing!
5. Mascara. As a blonde haired lady, although my eyelashes are quite thick, they are not very visible. I truly believe that a good mascara is one of the most important products you can own. There is such a variety available, all for different looks and there are decent ones available for all budgets. I have been using this Arbonne It’s a Long Story Mascara – expect an in depth review on the blog next week!
So there you have it, my top 5. Have you tried any of these? What did you think? Which products would make it onto your top 5?