Sunday 2 March 2014

Golden Eyes, Golden Ticket, Golden Weekend!

This weekend, I was lucky enough to take a trip to the theatre. I love the theatre. The lights, the singing, the dancing and the amazing scenery and effects. I love hearing the desperate chatter of theatre goers at the end of the show, debating the question – ‘How did they do it?’

The show of choice yesterday, was Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I had heard many great things about the performance, and I was not disappointed! All of Roald Dahl’s eccentric (bordering on sinister) characters were portrayed immaculately, and the musical numbers were flawless. I would highly recommend a trip to see this show to everyone!

I had the idea for this week’s blog from a work colleague of mine, Rachel (thank you!), who suggested I share the make-up look which I chose for the occasion. These are a selection of the products I used – mainly MAC (obviously – they are my favourite brand after all).
 
 
This is the look which I created:
 
Here is how I did it. Right, lets start with the base.
 
 
I needed this look to last all day, so I began with my Benefit ‘Porefessional’ Primer. I then chose NARS Sheer Glow Foundation (shown here in miniture), I wear the shade ‘Deauville’. I dabbed it over my face and then blended out with my Beauty Blender. I tend to use two concealers. My MAC Studio Fix (NW20) is used for extra coverage on spots and blemishes, while my NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (Vanilla) is used to cover those dark circles. I set this all using MAC Mineralise Skinfinish (Light Plus), before applying Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion.


My eye look was copied from my favourite YouTuber – Jaclyn Hill, who recently did a make up tutorial where she demonstrated the on-trend copper eye look. It took me less than a week to get myself down to MAC to purchase the right shades I needed to replicate the look. You can watch the video here.  It involves taking the shades ‘Amber Lights’ and ‘Coppering’ (the bottom two shades in my pallette) mixed together and placed on the eye lid. This is then blended up into the crease and voilá – your eyeshadow is done! I just finished with a couple of layers of my Maybelline The Falsies mascara and I lined the waterline with my The Body Shop, black Eyeliner Pencil.

Next, I attempted some hightlighting and contouring (which I am yet to master). For contouring, I used my Benefit Hoola bronzer, and applied MAC Mineralise Blush in the shade ‘Dainty’ above. I then used my MAC Mineralise Skinfinish in the shade ‘Lightscapade’ to highlight above the cheekbone.

Finally, I applied my MAC Lip Primer and then lipstick in the shade ‘Hot Gossip’. This is a gorgeous pink colour which has that ‘your lips but better’ look.
 

I was really pleased with my finished look, and it lasted thoughout the 12 hour day (with a make up setting spray). I do, however, think this would look better with a coral blush, which I sadly do not own L.

Do you have any coral blushers you would recommend? How did you wear your makeup this weekend? 

2 comments:

  1. This makeup look is so pretty! I always use ud primer potion as well
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The primer potion is a definite must-have :) x

      Delete